Environmental, Social & Governance
We believe that integrating consideration of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) factors into our investment process will allow us to generate superior risk-adjusted returns across the market and economic cycles and create a positive socio-economic impact. In addition, ESG integration is consistent with our fiduciary duty to investors and corporate values.
By engaging investees in enhancing their capacity to identify and manage ESG risks and opportunities, we seek to create meaningful long-term partnerships that enable investees to strengthen their economic profile and align with international market expectations relating to ESG. In addition, by providing transparency on our ESG approach, we also seek to allow our investors to meet their ESG commitments.
Our ESG Policy’s purpose is to:
- Support our ambition to become a leader in ESG among private credit investment firms in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region;
- Provide transparency on how we integrate ESG into our investment process; and
- Support communication between us and our current and potential investee companies, investors, and other stakeholders.
Through the ESG Policy, we will seek to align with international ESG best practice standards, including:
- The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Principles
- The Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Standards
- The recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Unless otherwise specified, this ESG Policy applies to all our assets under management. To access our full ESG policy, please click on the download link below.